TRANSACT TECHNOLOGIES AND ASIA PIONEER ENTERTAINMENT SIGN DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT FOR ASIA GAMING MARKET
May 7, 2018Hamden, CT – May 7, 2018 – TransAct® Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that the Company has signed a new partnership agreement with Asia Pioneer Entertainment Limited (“APE”) by which APE will become a non-exclusive distributor of TransAct’s core Epic Edge® and Epic 950® ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) printers for gaming devices as well as the Company’s full lineup of gaming device and kiosk printers for the global casino and gaming industries. Pursuant to the terms of the distribution agreement, APE will distribute TransAct’s printers throughout Asia, with a focus on Macau, the Philippines, Taiwan and China.
“We are delighted to announce this partnership with Asia Pioneer Entertainment as we further expand our presence in the exciting and growing Asia gaming market,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “The team at APE is a proven market leader with extensive gaming experience, industry knowledge and technical capabilities and we believe they are an ideal representative for our leading casino and gaming device printers. In addition, APE’s new integrated facility and advanced technical support team will become a regional center for warranty repairs for all of TransAct’s casino and gaming printers. TransAct has a long history of serving the Asia gaming market and we are excited to continue this extensive track record through this new partnership.”
Mr. Allen Huie, Chairman of Asia Pioneer Entertainment, added, “TransAct’s printers are market leaders and we are excited to serve as a distributor of these devices across our broad range of customers in Macau, a base of operators that includes some of the largest in the marketplace. APE has actively worked with operators throughout Macau to serve a variety of their equipment needs and we believe the addition of TransAct’s printer lineup to our diverse solutions offering is a natural fit. Furthermore, this agreement allows us to leverage our growing base of operations in Macau and become a critical partner for our customers as we service their deployed TransAct printers.”
TransAct's available print technology solutions for the Asia gaming market include:
• Epicentral® – TransAct’s revolutionary enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software solution effectively bridges the gap between the gaming device and the reward of the printed ticket. Epicentral v3.9 allows operators to run simultaneous promotions, create games within games, offer multi-user/multi-site promotions, run different promotions on different slot game banks, segment players by tier and run promotions for uncarded players. Epicentral System Edition (Epicentral SE) allows operators to leverage existing system investments to expand bonusing by leveraging the Print Manager and Design Center modules while also providing an upgrade path to Epicentral.
• Epic Edge – This next-generation casino ticket printer offers operators a new print resolution (300 dpi) that delivers a 50% improvement over current printers and razor sharp barcodes, allowing it to improve bill validator acceptance and reduce attendant calls. It also includes an adjustable ticket bucket that accommodates standard tickets and smaller, paper-saving tickets. Additional unique features include a single rugged outer chassis with color coded rails and Serial, USB and Netplex ports, hot swap capability to eliminate game downtime, two high-speed interfaces (USB and Micro SD) for simple updates, and a faster ServerPort™ connection.
• Epic 950 – The current industry-standard for TITO printing, TransAct's Epic 950 continues to deliver proven performance in over 500,000 slot machines worldwide. Easily integrated into all game types, the Epic 950 features TicketBurst technology to eliminate player/ticket interference and is fully compatible with Epicentral to provide for the direct, real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers.
• Epic Edge TT™ and Epic 950 TT™ – These unique, purpose-built printers take the power of the advanced Epic Edge and proven Epic 950 outside the slot machine and on to table games, players' club desks and cash desks. They package a printer, internally mounted power supply and ServerPort in a tidy, compact design that is easy to deploy. In addition, thanks to their dual port capability, the Epic Edge TT and Epic 950 TT allow operators to expand the bonusing environment created by their Epicentral deployments to non-gaming device applications.
• Epic 880® – This compact printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals) features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
• Epic 430® – An easy-to-configure modular design makes the Epic 430 ideal for customer self-service kiosks. This printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
Pursuant to the terms of the partnership announced today, Asia Pioneer Entertainment will also become a certified regional repair center for all of TransAct’s printer products under warranty throughout the Asia Pacific region. APE recently moved into a new 18,000 square foot facility with an integrated workshop/office and warehousing which already serves as a large equipment repair base for the Macau gaming market. APE’s leading in-house technicians will ensure that TransAct printers are properly maintained and repaired for operators throughout the region.
About Asia Pioneer Entertainment Limited
Asia Pioneer Entertainment Holdings Limited is an independent distributor of gaming equipment to Macau and Asia land based casino industry. Its subsidiaries are engaged in the following businesses: 1) procurement, distribution and installation of electronic gaming equipment and spare parts and the related after sales services to casino operators (“Technical Sales and Distribution of Electronic Gaming Equipment”); 2) the provision of consulting services to manufacturers of electronic gaming equipment including (a) regulatory consultancy, (b) product design and content consultancy, (c) localisation consultancy, and (d) on-site consultancy (“Consultancy and Technical Services”); 3) the provision of repair services to casino operators (“Repair Services”); and, 4) sales of refurbished electronic gaming machines.
Asia Pioneer Entertainment Holdings Limited was founded in 2006 and is listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange Growth Enterprise Market (“GEM”) under ticker symbol HK:8400.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including restaurant solutions, POS automation, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER and Printrex® brands. TransAct has over 3.0 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its installed product base. Through the TransAct Services Group, the Company also provides customers with a complete range of supplies and consumable items both online at http://www.transactsupplies.com and through its direct sales team. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call (203) 859-6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2018 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; the risk that our new line of food safety and oil and gas products will not drive increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed in TransAct's Annual Report on Form 10-K and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.
# # #
TransAct Technologies Investor Contact:
Steve DeMartino Richard Land, Joseph Jaffoni, Jim Leahy
President and Chief Financial Officer JCIR
TransAct Technologies Incorporated 212-835-8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Asia Pioneer Entertainment Investor Contact :
Betty Dong Rachel Wang
Frement - Investor Relations APE Press Releations