TRANSACT TO DEMONSTRATE ITS LEADING GAMING TECHNOLOGY AND PRINT SOLUTIONS AT OIGA 2017
July 18, 2017
Epicentral® SE and v3.8 Have Growing Casino Revenue Down to a System
Display in Booth #513 to Feature State-of-the-Art Epic Edge™ Casino Ticket Printer
Hamden, CT – July 18, 2017 – TransAct Technologies Incorporated (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that it will demonstrate a full suite of its innovative gaming technology and print solutions at the 2017 Oklahoma Indiana Gaming Association Conference and Tradeshow (“OIGA 2017”), to be held July 24-26, 2017 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City. On display (Booth #513) will be a range of the Company’s industry-leading Epic® casino and gaming ticket printers, including the new Epic Edge™, as well as the latest versions of its unique Epicentral® promotion and bonusing system.
Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies, commented, “We are delighted to return to Oklahoma City where we will demonstrate a full suite of our gaming technology and print solutions at OIGA 2017. As casino operators of all sizes increasingly rely on the printed coupon to drive play and grow revenue, TransAct’s solutions are uniquely positioned to deliver the results operators seek. We will demonstrate at OIGA 2017 that our full solution suite, including the all-new Epic Edge printer and our powerful Epicentral versions, is the best-in-class way to deliver valuable printed coupons directly to players at the slot machine or electronic table game of their choice.”
The next-generation Epic Edge builds on the proven performance of TransAct’s industry-leading Epic 950® to bring a host of exciting technological advances to the casino floor. The Epic Edge is the first ticket-in/ticket out (“TITO”) printer to offer 300 dpi print resolution, a 50% improvement over current printers that delivers razor sharp barcodes, improves bill validator acceptance and reduces attendant calls. Improved print resolution also allows for more attractive coupon designs which enhance Epicentral implementations. The Epic Edge also features an adjustable ticket bucket that accommodates smaller tickets which save money and reduce paper usage. Also, as a drop-in replacement for the Epic 950, operators can easily run the Epic Edge and Epic 950 side-by-side. Other key features of the new Epic Edge include:
• Single outer chassis with Serial, USB and Netplex ports to allow the printer to work with any machine type
• Hot swap capability to eliminate game downtime
• Two high-speed interfaces for firmware and graphics updates: USB and Micro SD
• Upgraded ServerPort™ connection
• Rugged metal chassis design
Epicentral is the industry’s only enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software suite, allowing casino operators to deliver targeted promotions to customers in real-time directly at the slot machine and electronic table game. It works with all existing slot management systems and games to provide casino slot and marketing teams with the unparalleled ability to create a floor-wide bonusing environment that has been proven to drive increased customer time on device and revenue for the casino operator. Two distinct Epicentral versions that enhance the capabilities of this unique solution will be on display at OIGA 2017:
• Epicentral v3.8 – Epicentral v3.8 allows operators to run multiple simultaneous promotions, create games within games, offer multi-user/multi-site promotions, run different promotions on different slot game banks, segment players by tier and promote to different levels of uncarded players. It also features the ability to redeem, print or reprint bonuses at multiple locations, an enhanced user interface and new reporting options.
• Epicentral SE – A unique systems version of Epicentral, Epicentral System Edition allows operators to use the existing bonusing capabilities of their slot management systems to offer bonuses to players as a printed coupon by leveraging Epicentral’s Print Manager and Design Center modules. It also provides for an upgrade path to a full Epicentral implementation should an operator seek to expand their promotion and bonusing options beyond the capabilities of their existing slot management system.
TransAct will also demonstrate at OIGA 2017 an array of its award-winning Epic gaming device printers, including:
• Epic 950 – Installed on nearly 750,000 slot machines worldwide, the award-winning Epic 950 offers proven reliability which has made it the TITO printing solution of choice. Easily integrated into all game types, the Epic 950 is fully compatible with Epicentral and can deliver for players eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers. In addition, its TicketBurst™ technology easily eliminates player/ticket interference.
• Epic Table Top Enclosure – TransAct’s Epic Table Top Enclosure takes the reliability and flexibility of the Epic 950 and Epic Edge beyond the slot machine by bringing together a printer and power supply in a tidy, compact design for use at table games, players’ club desks and cash desks.
• Epic 880 – A compact roll-fed printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals), the Epic 880 features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
For more information about the Epicentral bonusing system and the Company’s Epic gaming device printers, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including restaurant solutions, POS automation, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER and Printrex® brands. TransAct has over 3.0 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its installed product base. Through the TransAct Services Group, the Company also provides customers with a complete range of supplies and consumable items both online at http://www.transactsupplies.com and through its direct sales team. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call (203) 859-6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2017 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.