TRANSACT TO DEMONSTRATE FULL SUITE OF GAMING TECHNOLOGY AND PRINT SOLUTIONS, INCLUDING THE NEW EPIC EDGE GAMING DEVICE PRINTER, AT ICE TOTALLY GAMING 2017
January 31, 2017
New Epicentral® Versions – SE and v3.8 – to Further Show That
“Epicentral® has Growing Casino Revenue Down to a System”
Hamden, CT and London, UK – January 31, 2017 – TransAct Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that it will, in conjunction with its global distributor Suzo-Happ, demonstrate a full suite of its innovative software technologies and printing solutions for the global gaming industry at ICE Totally Gaming 2017, to be held at the ExCeL London Exhibition Center on February 7-9, 2017 in London, England. The Company’s display in Suzo-Happ’s stand (#N4-110) will include a full lineup of TransAct’s Epic® casino and gaming ticket printers, including the all-new Epic Edge, as well as two new versions of the Company’s revolutionary Epicentral promotion and bonusing system: the latest full feature Epicentral version 3.8 and Epicentral System Edition (“Epicentral SE”).
“We are delighted to return to ICE Totally Gaming 2017 with a full lineup of our industry-leading technology and print solutions for the global casino and gaming industry,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “Our company has long supported the thriving casino and gaming industry across Europe with our market-leading Epic casino and gaming printers and we are excited to demonstrate our newest printer, the Epic Edge, while showing attendees at ICE Totally Gaming how ‘Epicentral has Growing Casino Revenue Down to a System.’ Casino operators and slot management system providers in Europe and around the world are proscribing increased value on the power of the printed coupon to drive increased floor-wide play and casino revenue. In particular, we are bringing to London our innovative new full-feature version of Epicentral, version 3.8, which introduces new capabilities and features that will allow customers to benefit from increased system performance over time. Furthermore, the new Epicentral SE version provides customers with the means to turn the existing electronic bonuses and promotions made possible by their slot management system into customized, printed coupons while the player is at the slot machine.”
The next-generation Epic Edge casino and gaming ticket printer builds on the proven performance of the industry-leading Epic 950 and brings to casinos a host of advances that will further extend TransAct’s industry leadership. The Epic Edge is the first ticket-in/ticket out (“TITO”) printer to offer 300 dpi print resolution, a 50% improvement over current printers, which allows for razor sharp barcodes that help to improve bill validator acceptance and reduce attendant calls while allowing for clearer text and more attractive coupon artwork which enhance Epicentral implementations. It also introduces an adjustable ticket bucket that will allow casino and gaming operators to use smaller tickets to save money and reduce paper usage in concert with ecologic and environmental programs being implemented by casinos. In addition, as a drop-in replacement for the Epic 950, casino operators can run both the Epic Edge and Epic 950 side-by-side.
Other key features for the new Epic Edge include:
• Single outer chassis with Serial, USB and Netplex ports to allow the printer to work with any machine type
• Hot swap capability to eliminate game downtime
• Two high-speed interfaces for firmware and graphics updates: USB and Micro SD
• Upgraded ServerPort™ connection
• Rugged metal chassis design
“We are the clear technical, feature and performance leader in the global casino and gaming printer market and our new Epic Edge will allow us to extend our market leadership,” added Mr. Shuldman. “By introducing a new printer with industry-first high-resolution print capabilities, TransAct can deliver higher quality printed tickets and bar codes which will help our operator customers directly enhance their operations by improving bill validator performance and enhancing their Epicentral system implementations by offering better coupon and promotion design. Our new Epic Edge is built on the foundation of the proven reliability of the Epic 950 and, as our flagship gaming device printer, takes our industry leadership to a whole new level. We are confident that casino operators will come to appreciate the capabilities of the Epic Edge and seek to bring its high performance to their casino floors.”
Epicentral is the gaming industry’s only enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software suite which allows casino operators to target and deliver promotions to customers in real-time directly at the slot machine and electronic table game. Capable of working with all existing slot management systems and games, regardless of manufacturer, Epicentral provides casino slot and marketing teams with the unparalleled ability to create a floor-wide bonusing environment that has been proven to drive increased time on device and, ultimately, increased revenue for the casino operator. TransAct will be bringing to ICE Totally Gaming 2017 two new Epicentral system versions that greatly improve the capabilities of this unique solution:
• Epicentral v3.8 – Enhanced with a host of innovative capabilities, Epicentral v3.8 allows operators to run multiple promotions at the same time, create games within games, offer multi-user/multi-site promotions, run different promotions on different slot game banks, segment players by tier and promote to different levels of uncarded players. Epicentral v3.8 also features for the first time the ability to redeem, print or reprint bonuses at multiple locations as well as an enhanced user interface and more reporting options.
• Epicentral SE – A unique new systems version of TransAct’s promotion and bonusing system, Epicentral SE will allow operators to use the existing bonusing capabilities found in their slot management systems to offer bonuses to players as a printed coupon by leveraging the Print Manager and Design Center modules of Epicentral. Epicentral SE also provides for an upgrade path to a full Epicentral implementation should an operator seek to expand their promotion and bonusing options beyond what their existing slot management system offers.
TransAct and its international distributor, Suzo-Happ, will also demonstrate at ICE Totally Gaming a diverse array of award-winning Epic printing systems for gaming devices, self-service kiosks and lottery operators, including:
• Epic 950 – Installed on nearly 750,000 slot machines worldwide, the proven reliability of TransAct’s award-winning Epic 950 printer has made it the ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) casino printing solution of choice. Easily integrated into all game types both old and new, the Epic 950’s full compatibility with Epicentral provides for the real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers directly to players at the gaming machine. Furthermore, its TicketBurst™ technology easily eliminates player/ticket interference.
• Epic Enclosures – TransAct takes the reliability and flexibility of the Epic 950 and the advanced Epic Edge to two locations beyond the slot machine. The TableTop Enclosure brings together an Epic 950 or Epic Edge and power supply in a tidy, compact design for use at table games, players’ club desks and cash desks. The In-Table Enclosure allows the Epic 950 or Epic Edge to be mounted underneath the table game, presenting tickets via a bezel that rises up through the table.
• Epic 880 – A compact roll-fed printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals), the Epic 880 features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
• Epic 883® – A higher resolution version of the Company’s popular Epic 880 printer, this compact kiosk printer delivers clear graphic and text reproduction capabilities at resolutions up to 300 dpi. The Epic 883 is compatible with a wide variety of applications including amusement with prizes (“AWP”), skill with prizes (“SWP”) and video lottery terminals (“VLT”).
• Epic 430 – With an easy-to-configure modular design, the Epic 430 roll-fed printer is ideal for gaming applications and casino operators’ customer self-service kiosks. The printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
• Epic 3000® – The Epic 3000 lottery printer builds on a track record of proven performance across hundreds of thousands of locations for more than 20 years. This thermal lottery printer delivers a number of industry-unique features, including an anti-jam front paper exit for reliable operation, the ability to print and stack up to 100 tickets without shuffling, a large 7.5-inch diameter paper roll, and the industry’s only full tool steel rotary cutter, making it the fastest transaction printer for the lottery industry.
For more information about the Epicentral bonusing system and the Company’s Epic gaming device printers, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including food safety, POS automation, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER and Printrex® brands. TransAct has over 3.0 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its installed product base. Through the TransAct Services Group, the Company also provides customers with a complete range of supplies and consumable items both online at http://www.transactsupplies.com and through its direct sales team. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call (203) 859-6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2017 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; the risk that our new line of food safety and oil and gas products will not drive increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed in TransAct's Annual Report on Form 10-K and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.
# # #