TRANSACT BRINGS ITS INDUSTRY-LEADING BONUSING AND PRINT SOLUTIONS TO THE MACAO GAMING SHOW
November 10, 2016
Company’s Epicentral® Bonusing Solution and All-New Epic Edge®
Printer Headline Display at the Venetian Macau
Hamden, CT – November 10, 2016 – TransAct Technologies Incorporated, a global leader in software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets, announced today the Company’s participation at the 2016 Macao Gaming Show, to be held November 15-17, 2016, at the Venetian Macau in Macao, China. The Company, in partnership with its global distributor Suzo-Happ (Booth #AN32), plans to demonstrate a full lineup of its innovative solutions for the worldwide casino and gaming industry, including its Epicentral® promotion and bonusing print system, its new next-generation Epic Edge® casino ticket printer, the industry-leading Epic 950® casino ticket printer, its Epic® line of table top enclosures and the Epic 430® and Epic 880® printer.
Epicentral is the gaming industry’s only enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software suite which allows casino operators to target and deliver promotions to customers in real-time directly at the slot machine and electronic table game. Capable of working with all existing slot management systems and games, regardless of manufacturer, Epicentral provides casino slot and marketing teams with the unparalleled ability to create a floor-wide bonusing environment that has been proven to drive increased time on device and, ultimately, increased revenue for the casino operator. TransAct will be bringing to the 2016 Macau Gaming Show two new Epicentral system versions that take the capabilities of this unique solution to a whole new level:
• Epicentral v3.8 – Enhanced with a host of innovative capabilities, Epicentral v3.8 allows operators to run multiple promotions at the same time, create games within games, offer multi-user/multi-site promotions, run different promotions on different slot game banks, segment players by tier and promote to different levels of uncarded players. Epicentral v3.8 also features for the first time the ability to redeem, print or reprint bonuses at multiple locations as well as an enhanced user interface and more reporting options.
• Epicentral SE – A unique new systems version of TransAct’s promotion and bonusing system, Epicentral SE will allow operators to use the existing bonusing capabilities found in their slot management systems to offer bonuses to players as a printed coupon by leveraging the Print Manager and Design Center modules of Epicentral. Epicentral SE also provides for an upgrade path to a full Epicentral implementation should an operator seek to expand their promotion and bonusing options beyond what their existing slot management system offers.
Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies, said, “We are delighted to return to the Macau Gaming Show with a full lineup of our industry-leading solutions for the global casino and gaming industry. In particular, ‘Epicentral has Growing Casino Revenue Down to a System’ as casino operators and slot management system providers continue to more fully leverage the value of a traditional printed coupon to drive increased floor-wide play and casino revenue. Our lineup at the 2016 Macau Gaming Show will include, for the first time, two key new introductions which we believe demonstrate TransAct’s commitment to innovation and growth in the promotion and bonusing marketplace. Epicentral version 3.8 introduces new capabilities and features that provide our customers with enhanced value and flexibility, translating to increased system performance over time. In addition, Epicentral SE provides our customers with the means to take the existing electronic bonuses and promotions made possible by their slot management system and turn those offers into customized, printed coupons while the player is at the slot machine.”
TransAct will also debut in Asia for the first time its Epic Edge next-generation casino ticket printer. This all-new printer builds on the proven performance of the industry-leading Epic 950 and brings to casinos a host of advances that the will further extend TransAct’s industry leadership. The Epic Edge is the first TITO printer to offer 300 dpi print resolution, a 50% improvement over current printers, which allows for razor sharp barcodes that help to improve bill validator acceptance and reduce attendant calls while allowing for clearer text and more attractive coupon artwork which enhance Epicentral implementations. In addition, the Epic Edge introduces an adjustable ticket bucket that will allow casino operators to use smaller tickets to save money and reduce paper usage in concert with ecologic and environmental programs being implemented by casinos. Furthermore, as a drop-in replacement for the Epic 950, casino operators can run both the Epic Edge and Epic 950 side-by-side.
In addition to the improved print resolution and adjustable ticket bucket, other key features for the newly introduced Epic Edge include:
• Single outer chassis with Serial, USB and Netplex ports to allow the printer to work with any machine type
• Hot swap capability to eliminate game downtime
• Two high-speed interfaces – USB and Micro SD – that enable simple firmware and graphics updates
• Upgraded ServerPort™ connection
• Rugged metal chassis design
“TransAct is the technical, feature and performance leader in the global casino and gaming printer market and the Epic Edge will allow us to extend our market leadership,” added Mr. Shuldman. “Through the introduction of high-resolution print capabilities, the Epic Edge delivers a higher quality printed ticket and bar code which will directly improve casino floor operations by improving bill validator performance and enhancing Epicentral system implementations by offering better coupon and promotion design. The new Epic Edge from TransAct is built on the foundation of the proven reliability of the Epic 950 and takes our flagship gaming device printer to a whole new level. We are confident that casino operators will come to appreciate the capabilities of the Epic Edge and seek to bring its high performance to their casino floors.”
TransAct and its international distributor, Suzo-Happ, will also demonstrate at the Macau Gaming Show (Booth #AN32) a diverse array of award-winning Epic printing systems for gaming devices and self-service kiosks, including:
• Epic 950 – Installed on nearly 750,000 slot machines worldwide, the proven reliability of TransAct’s award-winning Epic 950 printer has made it the ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) casino printing solution of choice. Easily integrated into all game types both old and new, the Epic 950’s full compatibility with Epicentral provides for the real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers directly to players at the gaming machine. Furthermore, its TicketBurst™ technology easily eliminates player/ticket interference.
• Epic Enclosures – TransAct takes the reliability and flexibility of the Epic 950 and the advanced Epic Edge to two locations beyond the slot machine. The TableTop Enclosure brings together an Epic 950 or Epic Edge and power supply in a tidy, compact design for use at table games, players’ club desks and cash desks. The In-Table Enclosure allows the Epic 950 or Epic Edge to be mounted underneath the table game, presenting tickets via a bezel that rises up through the table.
• Epic 880 – A compact printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals), the Epic 880 features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
• Epic 430 – With an easy-to-configure modular design, the Epic 430 is ideal for casino operators’ customer self-service kiosks. The printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
For more information about the Epicentral bonusing system and the Company’s Epic gaming device printers, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including food safety, POS automation, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER and Printrex® brands. TransAct has over 3.0 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its worldwide installed product base. Through TransAct Services Group both online at http://www.transactsupplies.com and its direct sales team, the Company also provides customers with a complete range of supplies and consumable items. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call (203) 859-6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2016 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.