TRANSACT(R) TO DEMONSTRATE HOW “EPICENTRAL(R) HAS GROWING CASINO REVENUE DOWN TO A SYSTEM” AT G2E(R) ASIA 2016
May 12, 2016
- Full Range of TransAct’s Industry-Leading Epic Printers Also on Display -
Hamden, CT – May 12, 2015 – TransAct Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) (“the Company” or “TransAct”), a global leader in software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that it will demonstrate how “Epicentral® has Growing Casino Revenue Down to a System” at the Global Gaming Expo Asia 2016 (“G2E® Asia”) to be held on May 17-19, 2016 in Macau. Joining the revolutionary Epicentral promotion and bonusing print system in Booth #737 at The Venetian Macao will be a full range of the Company’s award-winning Epic printers for a variety of applications including slot machines, gaming devices, customer self-service kiosks and lottery.
Epicentral, TransAct’s headline attraction at G2E Asia 2016, is the gaming industry’s only enterprise-level promotion and bonusing software suite which can target customers in real time at any slot machine or electronic table game, regardless of manufacturer. Epicentral works with all existing slot management systems and allows the delivery of fully customizable, targeted coupons and promotions directly to players as they play, making it unique among industry solutions. Deployed alongside the Company’s ServerPort™ as well as its industry-leading Epic 950® ticket printer, Epicentral provides casino marketing and slot operations teams with an unmatched, easy-to-use software suite that enables the design and delivery of promotions using a wide variety of criteria, including uncarded player time on machine, coin in, carded player data, rated player data, earned rewards and randomly awarded prizes. Promotions are run at the click of a button, vastly simplifying the process of attracting, rewarding and retaining players.
“TransAct has a company-wide commitment to delivering innovative products to casino and lottery operators worldwide and the proven success of Epicentral makes it a unique, standout solution for casinos of all sizes,” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “As industry competition intensifies, operators are looking for proven solutions that meaningfully improve floor performance and drive revenue growth. To that end, Epicentral has been proven to dramatically change an operator’s business and we believe its real-time promotional delivery capabilities and enhanced value proposition is exactly what customers need. We are excited to demonstrate at G2E Asia 2016 that ‘Epicentral has Growing Casino Revenue Down to a System’ and provide attendees with proof of tangible success, including one example of a 1,000% return on investment and another of a 100% increase in lower-tier Average Daily Theo (“ADT”).”
TransAct will also display at G2E Asia 2016 its diverse array of award-winning printing systems for gaming devices, self-service kiosks and lottery operators, including:
• Epic 950 – Installed on over 500,000 slot machines worldwide, the proven reliability of TransAct’s award-winning Epic 950 printer has made it the ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) casino printing solution of choice. Easily integrated into all game types both old and new, the Epic 950’s full compatibility with Epicentral provides for the real-time delivery of eye-catching personalized promotions and bonus offers directly to players at the gaming machine. Furthermore, its TicketBurst™ technology easily eliminates player/ticket interference.
• Epic 950 by TransAct Enclosure – TransAct takes the reliability and flexibility of the Epic 950 to two locations beyond the slot machine. The TableTop Enclosure brings together an Epic 950 and power supply in a tidy, compact design for use at table games, players’ club desks and cash desks. The In-Table Enclosure allows the Epic 950 to be mounted underneath the table game, presenting tickets via a bezel that rises up through the table.
• Epic 880® – A compact printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals), the Epic 880 features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. It also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
• Epic 883® – A higher resolution version of the Company’s popular Epic 880 printer, this compact kiosk printer delivers clear graphic and text reproduction capabilities at resolutions up to 300 dpi. The Epic 883 is compatible with a wide variety of applications including amusement with prizes (“AWP”), skill with prizes (“SWP”), and video lottery terminals (“VLT”).
• Epic 430® – With an easy-to-configure modular design, the Epic 430 is ideal for casino operators’ customer self-service kiosks. The printer features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
• Epic 3000® – The Epic 3000 printer for the lottery industry builds on a track record of proven performance across thousands of locations for more than 20 years. The printer delivers a number of industry-unique features, including an anti-jam front paper exit for reliable operation, the ability to print and stack up to 100 tickets without shuffling, a large 7.5-inch diameter paper roll, and the industry’s only full tool steel rotary cutter, making it the fastest transaction printer for the lottery industry.
Mr. Shuldman concluded, “TransAct has long demonstrated an unwavering commitment to providing our gaming and lottery operator customers with solutions that embody the ultimate in reliability, technology and innovation. I firmly believe that TransAct’s lineup of Epic gaming device printers offers operators industry-leading reliability that ultimately leads to improved efficiency as well as the uninterrupted gaming experience that guests demand. I’m particularly excited to bring for the first time to G2E Asia 2016 our Epic 3000 lottery printer, an innovative and highly reliable terminal printer solution for the global lottery market that leverages more than two decades of industry knowledge and proven performance in more than half a million installed locations worldwide.”
For more information about the Epicentral print system and the Company’s line of Epic gaming device printers, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including food safety, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER and Printrex® brands. TransAct has over 2.9 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its worldwide installed product base. Through TransAct Services Group both online at http://www.transactsupplies.com and its direct sales team, the Company also provides customers with a complete range of supplies and consumable items. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call (203) 859-6800.
Epicentral and Epic are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2016 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; our new line of food safety and oil and gas products driving increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed from time to time in TransAct's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.