TRANSACT INVITES 2014 GLOBAL GAMING EXPO ATTENDEES TO "ASK US HOW" EPICENTRAL DRIVES CASINO REVENUE GROWTH
September 15, 2014
- Product Display Headlined by Industry-Leading Epicentral® Promotion and Bonusing System -
Hamden, CT and Las Vegas, NV – September 15, 2014 –
TransAct Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in market-specific solutions, including printers, terminals, software and other products for transaction-based and other industries, invites attendees of the 14th annual Global Gaming Expo (G2E®) in Las Vegas to “Ask Us How” Epicentral drives increased casino revenues. On display in Booth #2616 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center from September 30-October 2, 2014, will be TransAct’s Epicentral promotion and bonusing solution and the Company’s industry-leading, award-winning printers for the worldwide gaming and casino industry.
The revolutionary Epicentral
promotion and bonusing and software suite from TransAct is the gaming industry’s only enterprise-level solution that allows casino operators and their marketing teams to deliver targeted coupons and bonuses to players directly at the slot machine or electronic table game, all in real-time. Since its introduction, Epicentral has consistently delivered proven, meaningful performance in ongoing floor-wide marketing operations and is currently deployed across over 10,500 electronic gaming machines at 11 casinos. Customers have reported a 46% average increase in slot handle the evening of a coupon-drawing promotion, a 100% increase in lower-tier player average daily theoretical (ADT), a 37% increase in weekday afternoon slot handle, a 14% increase in average player time on device, a 60% increase in new player enrollment in their loyalty programs, a 34% increase in the number of returning players, an 87% redemption rate of coupons that encourage mid-week visits, and an 86% increase in points earned by players club members.
“As our ‘Ask us How’ show theme states, the entire TransAct sales team is excited to demonstrate to G2E 2014 attendees the significant and impactful benefits our Epicentral system can bring to their slot floor and marketing programs. We will be discussing ‘how’ our current Epicentral customers are achieving these fabulous results” said Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of TransAct Technologies. “There is no doubt that in today’s industry environment casino operators are constantly looking for ways to best optimize their marketing efforts to drive revenue growth. With Epicentral creating innovative and real-time promotion and bonus offers that deliver results such as a 34% increase in customer return visits and a doubling of ADT, we believe it is an essential tool for casino operators’ marketing efforts.
“We have expanded the footprint of casinos utilizing our Epicentral system from the United States to include both Europe and Latin America, and we see new opportunities developing around the world. With the many casinos now using our system, we will be holding our first ever user conference where casino operators can share their successful experience with all attendees. Our unique enterprise software solution, which delivers targeted promotions in real-time to customers as they play, only serves to further differentiate the casinos utilizing our system from their peers as competition for customer attention and player spend multiplies each day.”
Deployed in conjunction with both the Company’s ServerPort™ and Epic® 950 ticket printer installed in each gaming device, Epicentral easily connects to all slot machines and electronic table games, regardless of manufacturer, providing unmatched flexibility and allowing operators to address their entire floor with a single solution. Casino marketing teams can easily design and run many floor-wide promotions targeting different customers all at the same time, at the click of a button.
Joining Epicentral in TransAct’s booth (#2616)
at G2E 2014 will be its printing systems for both gaming devices and self-service kiosks, including:
- Epic 950 – The award-winning Epic 950’s proven reliability has made it the ticket-in/ticket-out (“TITO”) casino printing solution of choice as demonstrated by its worldwide installation on over 500,000 slot machines. By eliminating player/ticket interference through its TicketBurst™ technology, the Epic 950 seamlessly prints promotions and bonus offers directly to players at the gaming machine while they are playing.
- Epic 880® – A compact printer for all types of gaming machines (including amusement with prizes, skill with prizes and video lottery terminals), the Epic 880 features a modular design that is configurable to nearly any space, a variable length ticket presenter and ticket retract capability. The Epic 880 also offers auto paper loading and can accommodate 4-inch or 6-inch paper rolls.
- Epic 430® – With an easy-to-configure modular design, the Epic 430 is ideal for casino operators’ customer self-service kiosks. The Epic 430 features variable length tickets with graphics and coupons capabilities, quick paper roll changes, a fast print speed and an array of standard paper sensors.
Mr. Shuldman added, “TransAct’s full line of Epic casino and gaming printers embody our team’s commitment to quality and innovation. Customers entrust us with a critical component of their business and they rely on our devices each day to deliver predictable, uninterrupted service. Our own display at G2E 2014, as well as the display of our exclusive global distribution partner Suzo-Happ (Booth #4233), will highlight the reliability of our TITO and kiosk printing solutions and demonstrate how they improve the efficiency of floor operations thanks to their unmatched reliability.”
TransAct will also highlight at G2E 2014 the Ithaca® 9700 and Ithaca® 9800 food rotation label terminals for casino restaurants and other venues:
- Ithaca 9800 – The latest food rotation label terminal from TransAct, the Ithaca 9800 is the industry’s first fully-integrated solution that offers direct Internet connectivity and seamless integration with several of the most widely used restaurant management systems. The new Ithaca 9800 improves kitchen efficiency, outputs food rotation labels, is easily updated with daily specials and can perform inventory actions when connected to back office management systems, allowing it to assist in the management of food waste and reduce the over ordering of food.
- Ithaca 9700 – The industry-leading Ithaca 9700 food rotation label terminal aids food service operators in mitigating food spoilage by allowing users to quickly print easy-to-read food rotation labels and “sell by” date labels. It also provides the ability to make quick menu items changes, print accurate calorie counts on food items and generate accurate “prep” and “grab-and-go” labels via an internal real-time clock. It is available in 1- or 2-printer configurations, offers simple drop-in label loading and can handle a variety of label widths and lengths.
For more information about the Epicentral print system, the Company’s Epic series of gaming device printers and its line of Ithaca food rotation label terminals, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com.
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a leader in developing and manufacturing market-specific solutions, including printers, terminals, software and other products for transaction-based and other industries. These industries include casino and gaming, lottery, food safety, banking, point-of-sale, hospitality, oil and gas, medical and mobile. Each individual market has distinct, critical requirements for printing and the transaction is not complete until the receipt and/or ticket is produced. TransAct printers and products are designed from the ground up based on market-specific requirements and are sold under the Ithaca®, RESPONDER, Epic, EPICENTRAL® and Printrex® product brands. TransAct distributes its printers and terminals through OEMs, value-added resellers, selected distributors, and direct to end-users. TransAct has over 2.5 million printers and terminals installed around the world. TransAct is also committed to providing world-class printer service, spare parts, accessories and printing supplies to its growing worldwide installed base of printers. Through its TransAct Services Group, TransAct provides a complete range of supplies and consumable items used in the printing and scanning activities of customers in the hospitality, banking, retail, gaming, government and oil and gas exploration markets. Through its webstore, http://www.transactsupplies.com, and a direct selling team, TransAct addresses the on-line demand for these products. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call 203.859.6800.
Epicentral, Epic and Ithaca are registered trademarks of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2014 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but are not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop new products; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; our new line of food safety and oil and gas products will drive increased adoption by customers; the outcome of the lawsuit between TransAct and Avery Dennison Corporation; and other risk factors detailed from time to time in TransAct's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.