TRANSACT’S LAS VEGAS OFFICE IS GOING GREEN!
When 2019 rolled around, TransAct’s Las Vegas office decided to amp up its recycling efforts by implementing a stronger, “greener” initiative. While we offer high-quality printers (as well as cutting-edge software programs for gaming and restaurant solutions), we still want to make sure we help the environment as much as we can. As such, we added additional recycling bins into multiple locations of our office and warehouse to help reduce waste, conserve resources and save energy in our community.
In addition to recycling on-site, we have also included an ecological feature in our very own Epic Edge™ casino printer. The Epic Edge is the next generation TITO printer, and it contains an adjustable ticket bucket that allows casino operators to use smaller, paper-saving tickets in their operations. This feature helps to reduce paper usage and save money in concert with the ecologic programs being incorporated in casinos today. The “Edge” is currently being tested by OEMs, and you can learn more about it here.
Need a friendly reminder of the impact you can make with recycling? Say no more. Below are some cues that have motivated our office to reduce, reuse and recycle:
- Preserves natural resources and prevents habitat destruction
- For every ton of steel recycled, 40 pounds of limestone, 1000 pounds of coal, and 2,500 pounds of iron ore are saved. By recycling tin we can reduce the need for raw material which reduces mining and its associated pollution.
- Creates jobs and benefits the economy
- According to the most recent census data, recycling and reuse activities in the United States in 2007 created 757,000 jobs, $36.6 billion in wages, and $6.7 billion in tax revenues.
- Saves energy, reduces pollution and preserves landfill space
- Recycling one glass bottle saves enough energy to power a light bulb for 4 hours.
For more tips and helpful information, please see the source article here published by Renewable Resources Coalition. Remember, every little bit helps to make a difference! TransAct’s Las Vegas office looks forward to continuing to make strides towards a more eco-friendly environment.