Browse our current job openings at TransAct. Click on a position for complete details.
Digital Sales Executive (Remote)
TransAct is seeking an Account Executive who will thrive in a fast-paced, performance-based, competitive atmosphere. This is a great opportunity to put your stamp on new accounts and grow the business. Your passion for sales, success, and building relationships will help us become the leader in Restaurant back-of-house automation solutions.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to help restaurant chains and food service operators automate critical functions in their restaurant, which will allow them to reduce food and labor cost.
The successful Account Executive will have the ability to qualify opportunities, penetrate new accounts, obtain new logos (brands), and achieve aggressive sales targets through the introduction of BOHA!.
You will be responsible for multiple market verticals ranging from Convenience Stores to Quick Service Restaurants and you will utilize your expertise in engaging executives to promote BOHA! solutions.
• Outbound prospecting. Our Demand Generation Team does an excellent job producing inbound leads, but outbound prospecting will remain the key method to building the pipeline. You will enjoy the challenge of identifying relevant companies and managing an outbound prospecting process to build your own pipeline through a combination of outbound calls/emails.
• Presentations. Delivering presentations of BOHA! Solutions are key to running an efficient sales cycle. You will be comfortable leading prospects through presentations and product demos via WebEx or Join.me on regular basis
• Proposal/Quote. Generating and reviewing proposals with prospective customers are part of being a successful AE. You will also generate proposals/quotes for the Outside Sales team, as needed.
• Connecting. A willingness to build rapport with customers and strengthen your personal brand is critical for any sales professional. You will establish connections with influential companies and key people from a billion dollar industry.
• Cross-Department Coordination. You will coordinate with all departments to help generate revenue opportunities, facilitate the successful and timely implementation of BOHA! Solutions, and ensure a consistently positive experience for new and existing customers.
• Personal Development. There are tremendous growth opportunities within TransAct, but it all starts with your personal dedication. You will learn from experienced professionals and continually take time to focus on improving your skillset as a sales and business representative.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
• Hungry, humble, smart
• Comfortable in a smaller rapidly growing team
• The ability to work individually and collaborate with a team to achieve goals/targets
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Experience in managing pipe and forecast using a CRM tool, Salesforce preferred
• Good computer skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Persistent, thorough, and people centric
• Bachelor’s degree
• Dedication to personal growth
• Willingness to travel periodically for tradeshows
Sales Director-Food Service Technology (Remote)
TransAct is a growing company that's revolutionizing the way restaurants and food service providers manage their back of house. BOHA! (Back-of-House-Automation) provides restaurant and convenience store operators with a comprehensive solution that will help them achieve, verify, and maintain operational excellence, while reducing labor cost, improving employee and operational performance, and enhancing the customer’s experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Sales Manager that help us grow market share in this segment.
This position is responsible for identifying, targeting, and winning new business for BOHA! related solutions. In this challenging role the individual will be responsible for selling BOHA! SaaS Solutions, BOHA! Hardware Solutions, BOHA! Consumables and Service in the United States. Generating new business opportunities or cross-selling existing accounts to maximize revenue and profitability and increase TransAct’s market share.
• Position is responsible for prospecting, managing, and bringing to closure new business opportunities within the Food Service Market. Looking for hunters.
• Serve as key interface in defining customer needs and TransAct’s ability to meet those needs through solutions; Serve as the liaison between the customer and TransAct in regard to issues for new customer escalating any roadblocks to securing the business.
• Responsible for proposing and closing deals.
• Position requires strong prospecting skills, ability to build and maintain customer relationships through consultative selling and promoting customer confidence in TransAct. Must maintain focus on the development of new business opportunities and closing new accounts allowing us to aggressively penetrate competitive accounts leading to long term business relationships.
• Working cross-functionally with Marketing and Demand Generation.
• 5+ years of field sales experience with complex software and/or hardware solutions and professional services
• Managing sales through forecasting, account strategy and planning.
• Disciplined in using Sales CRM, preferably Salesforce to drive operational excellence
• Experience in representing the company and its solutions at tradeshows
• Experience in maintaining Account Plans and Joint Execution Plans to drive desired outcomes
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Highly motivated and driven to succeed
• Strong relationship-building skills at all levels of the organization especially the C-Suite personas
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Objectivity and ability to make sound decisions
• Aptitude to learn quickly and perform well under pressure
• High level of integrity, confidentiality, and professional maturity
• Ability to travel over 50%
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Selling software within the Restaurant/Hospitality industry preferred but not required, with emphasis on prospecting, qualifying, and closing new business
• Master’s degree
• Experience in sales methodology like Challenger, Solution Selling or Sandler.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Innovative -- working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
TransAct Describes Its Culture as:
• Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
• Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
• Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
• People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
• Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
• Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
• Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with impressive performance culture
What TransAct provides to help you be successful in this role:
• Training on SaaS solutions, hardware, and service offerings
• Cross-functional team support
• Salesforce CRM subscription
• Corporate credit card
• Laptop and iPhone
• Home office equipment
• Opportunities for career growth
At TransAct we know our team members are the foundation of our success. We’re committed to rewarding the hard work, passion, and loyalty of our team members with benefits that enable them to best care for themselves and their families. We offer comprehensive health coverage and retirement savings as well as a generous selection of additional benefits.
Sales Support Specialist (Las Vegas, NV)
The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for managing a customer order mailbox and handling telephone calls for our Food Service Technology (FST) and TransAct Services Group (TSG) which includes supporting a number of our key accounts recurring orders. There will also be customer contact with questions pertaining to our products or the status of orders. Processing orders includes entering specific customer product and service requests into our system, coordinating the delivery of products – scheduling, shipping method, shipping carrier options, communicating with key customer contacts and also with remote staff in sales, operations and manufacturing planning to facilitate the timely delivery of products. The Sales Support Specialist must have excellent communications skills, oral and written, a pleasant, professional telephone manner and solid organizational and planning skills.
This role requires that the incumbent be organized and accurate with regards to understanding the customer request and then entering orders to ensure order processing is completed. Experience using an ERP system and/or a CRM management tool is a plus. Understanding payments, invoicing and using Excel for reports and tracking is also essential. They must enjoy customer service and helping people. They must be comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic team environment where aggressive goals are set and that is continually changing and growing to meet the demands of our customers.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to the Manager, UAT and Customer Support and takes instruction and daily guidance from the Sales Support team leader in an open office environment. No one reports to the incumbent.
The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for handling customer inquiries and orders and scheduling the delivery of products and repair services for advanced exchange and warranty (RMA). In this regard, the incumbent interfaces regularly with contacts internal and external to the TransAct organization. Internally, the incumbent interfaces with personnel from all departments and warehouses including: sales (field and inside) and marketing, operations, shipping, purchasing/planning, technical support, accounting and engineering. External to the organization, the Sales Support Specialist interfaces regularly with customers (including VARs and OEMs) or potential customers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Order Processing: Processing consumable orders for FST & TSG that are received from our website, Sales Inbox and Label Inbox and via telephone. Confirms product availability and pricing to the customer and enters the information into our ERP System (Oracle & NetSuite).
Problem Solving: Researches and handles any discrepancies or problems such as credit issues, miss-shipments, short-shipments, and interfaces with the services group to address issues that the customers feel have not been resolved.
Monitor Inventory: As focal point for Sales Support team with recurring orders, this role is dependent on on-hand inventory and adjusting orders accordingly as well as informing the rest of team. Other reporting responsibilities may also be assigned.
Post Sales Inquiries: Tracks orders and responds to all customer inquiries about orders, issues with product received and invoicing/payment. This role may evolve to outbound contact to support Restaurant Solutions orders by franchisees.
Phone Queue, Sales Mailbox: Answers the phone for FST & TSG Consumables and SRT requests. Responsible for monitoring the sales mailboxes for incoming inquiries and orders. Distributes inquiries properly and efficiently.
Special Projects: Support manager on special projects upon request.
The Sales Support Specialist is also responsible for generating various sales reports on a regular basis for distribution. These reports provide critical information such as: open orders, on-hand inventory and revenue results. The incumbent may also make entries into the sales opportunity data base (Salesforce.com) and could help to maintain this data base for all assigned customers and territories.
The incumbent also provides administrative support by organizing and maintaining all files for assigned inquiries, customers and territories.
The Sales Support Specialist should possess a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Business or some college education and/or equivalent and a minimum of three years of administrative support or computerized ERP order processing experience. In addition, direct telephone selling experience is an asset as outbound contact with customers could become a focus. The incumbent must be computer literate and should be proficient using word processing, database entry, ERP, CRM and Excel. The incumbent must have excellent communications skills, oral and written, a pleasant, professional telephone manner and solid organizational and planning skills. Incumbent must possess a positive attitude, have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, be a team player and be confident on the telephone.
1. Effectively and quickly assist customers with assessing their product needs.
2. Correctly process consumable orders and RMA requests.
3. Effectively multi-task and provide phone support.
4. Research and resolve discrepancies surrounding the processing of orders or RMA request.
5. Understand and advocate for company products and enjoy providing exceptional customer service.
6. Provide back-up and support to others on the sales support team.
7. Prepare, analyze and distribute a variety of sales and invoicing reports.
8. Proactively identify, propose and establish agreed upon process improvements within scope of responsibilities.
CS Relationship Specialist (Remote)
The Customer Success Relationship Specialist will be responsible for providing presales functional support to prospective clients and customers. Ensuring customer satisfaction and engagement through in-person product and remote product implementation, stakeholder training, requirements gathering, and remote monitoring of client systems.
Utilizing a consultative approach, the Customer Success Relationship Specialist will partner with Sales, Technical Support, Marketing, and Product Development to gather customer requirements and develop a high quality customer experience and functionality application to ensure a successful corporate-level evaluation and roll-out of our suite of restaurant applications. The candidate will collaborate internally with software and hardware engineering, quality assurance and operations to ensure TransAct delivers a successful customer experience.
It is highly preferable the candidate possess a bachelor’s degree in a STEM-based or Business-related discipline and/or have a minimum of two years’ experience in a related field. The candidate must be proficient in PC, Android and iOS-based systems, MS Excel, database applications, MS Teams, and other conference software, and have a basic understanding of coding and logic. Candidate must possess outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to work remotely and autonomously. Furthermore, the candidate should be familiar with or have a working knowledge of the hospitality or restaurant industry.
Nature and Scope
The Customer Success Relationship Specialsit is an individual contributor who will report to the Manager of Field Implementation and Data Integration, and will –
Responsibilities During the Pre-Sales Process
• Work closely with Product Development and Technical Support to document requirements and level-set on application capabilities and software customization needs, as necessary.
• Assist the sales team in defining customer needs and proposing technical solutions as they relate to product requirements and changes, while managing customer expectations and timelines.
• Engage with customers and accounts to establish and maintain strong, long-term relationships, during the customer evaluation process.
• Manage the implementation of prospective customers through product evaluations and thoroughly document, provide instructions to, and train the end-user as needed.
• Take ownership of coordinating requests between sales and engineering to ensure a successful evaluation and deployment of our solutions.
• Work closely with customers in-person or remotely to ensure the adoption of our technology is a seamless, professional, and enjoyable experience.
• Take ownership of addressing customer issues and communicating obstacles with stakeholders to ensure quick resolutions.
• Partner closely with Sales and Technical Support to meet TransAct business objectives and influence the successful sale and deployment of our Restaurant Solution products.
1. Strong technical acumen, a high level of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning to become a subject matter expert on our restaurant software solutions thoroughly and quickly.
2. Outstanding communication skills to resolve technical issues and/or enhancement requests from customers to product development, technical support, and sales.
3. Restaurant operations experience, knowledge of implementing HACCP procedures and the use of restaurant technologies is a must.
4. A highly inquisitive nature in discovering potential functionality pit falls and UX opportunities within our suite of applications.
5. Ability to teach and train non-technical stakeholders, as well as strong written and verbal skills.
6. Must possess a high sense of urgency, be highly organized and resilient, and have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Strong MS Excel skills required. SQL experience a plus.
8. Experience with Asana to document all stakeholder interactions is preferred.
• This position will require up to 60% travel and will require candidate to reside within a reasonable commute to a major airport.
Account Manager (Las Vegas, NV / Remote)
The Account Manager’s primary focus is on revenue generation from signed Food Safety Technology contracts for hardware, software and consumables. This includes analyzing and monitoring vertical/customer orders and portfolios, organizing, tracking and identifying actions aligned and integrated with the Category Leader(s) efforts to generate revenue from installed software and service products expiration, communicating with key customer contacts (franchisees) to complete web orders and with sales, distributors, partners and operations to facilitate recurring revenue from label sales and software renewals. The Account Manager will have a key role in helping us to achieve our aggressive sales and revenue goals. Account Manager plays a large role in maintaining our reputation for excellent products and superior customer satisfaction.
The Account Manager must have excellent communications skills, oral and written, a pleasant, professional telephone manner and solid organizational and planning skills.
This role requires that the incumbent be organized, accurate and thrive in a growth environment where they must use their own creativity and experience to establish processes which lead to success – achieving recurring revenue targets. Experience using an ERP system/report output and a CRM management tool is a plus. They must enjoy customer service and helping people and be comfortable reporting on and accounting for their results. They must be contented in a fast paced, dynamic team environment that is continually changing and growing to meet the demands of our customers.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to the Vice President of Customer Success and will work closely internally with the Food Safety Technology Field Sales Representatives, Field Services, Technical Support and the Sales Support teams. No one reports to the incumbent.
The Account Manager is a fast-paced position that requires the ability to multitask and be tech-savvy, as the essential duty is to expand revenue from a growing base of installed contracts. An Account Manager is responsible for handling customer inquiries and gathering all required information for orders and expediting the delivery of products and renewals by delivering complete order information to the sales support team for execution. In this regard, the incumbent interfaces regularly with contacts internal and external to the TransAct organization, the mix of which can shift as TransAct responds to market changes. Internally, the incumbent interfaces with personnel from many departments, including sales and marketing, technical support, accounting and potentially software engineering. External to the organization, the Account Manager interfaces regularly with customers or potential customers, distributors and partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Solution Knowledge: Learn and understand the value customers receive from use of Food Safety Technology solutions and products (released and in development)
Revenue Opportunity Identification: Pro-actively review existing customer contracts and label usage reports, connecting information from different sources to create action plans which result in customer acceptance and revenue generation.
Problem Solving: Researches and handles any discrepancies or problems such as resolving new product ordering processes, credit issues, miss-shipments, short-shipments, and interfaces with the services group to address issues that the customers feel have not been resolved.
Post Sales Inquiries: Tracks orders and responds to customer inquiries about renewal orders, invoicing and outstanding payments as needed.
Special Projects: Support manager on special projects upon request. Must be willing to travel as needed.
The Account Manager is also responsible for generating various reports on a regular basis for distribution to both divisional and corporate management. These reports provide critical information such as: year-to-date totals and renewals by product and customer as well as terminations and action plans to enhance future renewals. The incumbent also provides administrative support by organizing and maintaining all files for assigned responsibilities, customers and territories and by providing management with periodic forecasts (revenue and units of software and labels).
The Account Manager should possess a minimum of an Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or equivalent and a minimum of three years of sales support or one year of software/service renewal order processing experience. In addition, some direct telephone selling (inside sales) experience as well as knowledge of food safety or software renewals is an asset. The incumbent must be computer literate and should be proficient in analyzing information/reports using word processing, ERP, CRM and Excel. The incumbent must have excellent communications skills, oral and written, a pleasant, professional telephone manner and solid organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize work and succeed under deadlines.
1. Excellent communication and customer service skills enabling you to successfully contact clients to obtain missing information or answer queries.
2. A thirst for knowledge and ability to learn and adapt quickly and effectively.
3. Outstanding organizational and multitasking skills which facilitate providing details quickly.
4. Commitment to staying informed regarding new products and features.
5. Willingness to convey key feedback from customers internally and intuition to distill insights.
6. Research and resolve discrepancies for customer satisfaction.
7. Prepare essential information and distribute a variety of sales reports to corporate management.
Like. Connect. Follow. Watch.
Tel: 877.748.4222 | Fax: 203.949.9048
© 2023 Transact Technologies, Inc. - All Rights Reserved
News & Events
Service & Support
Parts & Supplies