Yes, we offer repair at one of Repair Centers in and outside the United States. Please use our convenient RMA web form.
What communication interface do I have?
The Bankjet 2500 printer comes with both a USB and 9pin Serial interface.
What printer driver should I be using?
The correct printer driver depends on what Operating System you are using. You can find the drivers on our website. Drivers & Downloads
What are the media specifications for my printer?
Receipt Paper Paper feed method friction feed Paper feed pitch default - 1/8 inch Paper width 76.0 +/- .5 mm. (3.0 +/- .02 inches) Roll diameter 3.0 inches Max. Paper thickness 0.003 - 0.0035 inches Roll paper core Inside diameter 7/16 inch or more Roll footage 165 – 192 feet (.003 to .0035 thick paper)
(Note: All Ithaca life testing has been performed with TMP paper.)
What are the printable areas of the receipt paper and validation form?
Receipt Printing, Tear off Position The paper tear off is positioned 1.06 inches from the last line of print.
Validation Forms # plies: 1 Single ply paper .003 inches to .0047 inches (.076 mm. to .119 mm.) Thickness: Form Size (Minimum): 2.75 inches high x 5.5 inches long (69.8 mm. x 139.7 mm.) Form Size (Maximum): 4.0 inches high x 8.75 inches long (101.6 mm. x 222 mm.) Validation Type: Independent # Validation lines: max. 9 lines (@ 6 lines/inch) Check Basis weight: 24 lbs. Caliper: .0047 inches Sizing: 4% Brightness: 84 Opacity: 91 Smoothness: 159 Moisture: 4.7%
NOTE: In wide print zone mode it is possible to print off the left side of the form. This should be avoided.
How do I replace the ink cartridges in my printer?
Loading Ink Cartridge and Paper
Note 1: FIRST TIME INSTALLATION: An ink cartridge can be found in the pouch that shipped with your printer.
Note 2: When installing new ink cartridge and a new paper roll for the first time, you may leave the cover open until you have installed the ink cartridges, and the paper roll.
Installing Ink Cartridge Use the Power Switch to set the printer into OPERATIONAL/ON mode before you install the ink cartridges. Confirm that the printer is in this mode by checking that the power indicator light is activated. Caution: Do not touch the ink cartridge’s metallic connector surface with your fingers. Doing so will contaminate the connector and produce sub-standard print quality.
1. Remove the new ink cartridge from their sealed pouch and remove the Mylar tape from the face of the new ink cartridge. (Holding the cartridge by the tab will ensure a clean installation.)
2. Open the front cover. NOTE: If paper is present, ensure that the receipt is torn off prior to opening the front cover. 3. Pull down the blue cartridge latch and remove the old ink cartridge. 4. Place the new ink cartridge into the carriage. Hold the cartridges by their tab to ensure a clean installation. (Install the cartridge so that the tab is facing the front of the printer.) Close blue latch/latches. 5. Close all of the printer’s covers.
How do I change paper?
1. Open the printer’s paper cover.
2. Insert the new paper roll so that it unwinds from the bottom and rests on the top of the front cover.
3. Close the paper cover.
4. The paper will load automatically.
How do I place the printer into Self-Test Mode?
1. Toggle the Power Switch to place the printer into STANDBY/OFF mode. (The power indicator light will be off.)
2. Press and hold the FEED Button.
3. While holding the FEED Button, Toggle the Power Switch.
4. When the red, error indicator light blinks, release the FEED Button.
5. Follow the directions printed on the receipt to select the desired TEST option.
In Windows 8.1/Windows 10, my BANKjet 2500 printer using the USB interface is not showing up or reconginzed/assigned on a USB port?
In Windows 8.1/Windows 10, before installation, please change the "USB Mode" option in the internal configuration of the BANKjet 2500 printer to “USB Printer Only”. See Manual Configuration under the Quick Reference section. NOTE: After you change this option, you must unplug the power cord from the printer, wait at least 1 minute, then plug the power cord back in. (This updates the interface with the new USB Mode.) Then please follow the Windows Driver Installation Guide under the Drivers section to complete the installation.
Why do I get an “Error encountered in opening lang mon Registry” when trying to save changes in the properties of the Windows driver?
The “Lang Mon” error is due to the driver's lack of privileges writing to the registry.
If you encounter this error, please use the “TransactPrinterProperties.exe” program found in the Utilities folder that comes with the Windows drivers.
Note: You must Right Click the TransactPrinterProperties.exe program and select Run as administrator to allow the changes to be saved to the registry.
Change values as you want them, and then click the Save Changes button.
Then Select Yes to allow the Windows Print Spooler to be restarted for the change to take effect.